Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Wait Before the Lord-Psalm 62


Today's lectionary reading from the Psalms is Psalm 61 and 62. As I read Psalm 62, verse 1 stood out. "I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him." (NLT) During this Lenten Season many of us are in need of a breakthrough in some area of our lives. For each of us the area is different - but no less important.

We need to understand that we must wait before God. This is not just an empty act but it is knowing that He is our rock and our salvation. In the midst of all the pain you and I may be going through, we need to raise our voices, and let our actions worship the Lord our God, because our victory comes from Him. Begin to look at the bigness of God instead of the bigness of your problem. This does not mean the problem will go away, but our attention does turn away.

No comments: