Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's Amazing What A Little Piece of Plastic Can Do

This past Friday night Christ the Deliverer had a fundraiser at Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries. (I will post about that later this week with some pictures.) As I was standing by our table this man walked over to me and asked if I was a Catholic priest. I explained to him I was but not Roman Catholic. As we talked, he told me about his 2 1/2 year old little girl who is fighting cancer. As a father of 2 little girls, I cannot even imagine his grief and pain. We talked for a while and I gave him my card. He is only in the area for about 5 weeks. Before he left I was able to pray for him and his precious daughter.

Please pray for Madison. He calls her Maddie. She is undergoing treatment at the present time in Jacksonville. God bring your healing grace to bear upon her little body and let every cancer cell die.

If I had not been wearing my clergy shirt with the "little piece of plastic" this man would have never seen me or received prayer that night in the middle of Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

No comments: