Wednesday, July 04, 2007

July 4th - Crazy Week

What a day and a week. Things have been really crazy. This past Monday my wife was admitted to the hospital. At about the same time, our new Bishop flew in from Texas. We were supposed to meet with him and his wife, but instead Bishop Ken and Shirley came to the hospital to pray for us. For dinner on Tuesday we had a great time of fellowship at a friends house with Bishop and his wife. Thank God for the friends who stepped up and helped with my 4 and 5 year old girls. Eileen was really bummed about not being able to be there but was thankful she was doing better.

We had planed to meet friends for the fireworks tonight but instead we went to the hospital and the girls, Eileen, and I were able to watch them from the 8th floor. They were great! St. Augustine always does a good job on their fireworks display. We were really happy we could still be together as a family and keep our tradition alive.

Tomorrow I'm planning to meet with Bishop Ken for a few hours before he and Shirley fly back to Texas. This trip was really crazy with everything that has happened because of Eileen being in the hospital. But I can tell you one thing. I was considering giving up and throwing in the towel. I had had enough of church work and all the junk that can go along with it. But when a true spiritual father comes upon the scene things can change. There is a renewed sense of destiny and purpose. I know what I am called to do and I will see the vision for our community -St. Augustine - fulfilled.

No comments: