Monday, November 27, 2006

Come with ears wide open!

On Monday nights, I and 3-4 other guys meet and pray for the needs of our church and for the mission of St. Andrew's. Our major thing is we just want to hear what God is saying. We pray for awhile and stop and listen and I ask if anyone is hearing, feeling, or seeing anything.

Well, tonight we began and I kept hearing Isaiah 55. So I turned there and the first verse I look at is verse 3. It says, "Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life..." (New Living Translation) I began to think and ask myself the question, how many times have I come to God with ears closed shut. I really didn't want to hear because I wanted it my way. How many times had I been like a spoiled kid who always gets their way?

It made me remember that this is not just some spiritual exercise, theological discussion, or just another religious experience. This is real life. If I will listen to Him when I pray - he will speak!

No comments: